Anxiety is a feeling of tension or a sense of apprehension about impending danger or doom. The following are common symptoms associated with anxiety:
- Excessive nervousness or anxiousness
- Unrealistic worry about things that might happen
- Restlessness or feeling keyed up or on edge
- Changes in sleeping patterns
- Difficulty concentrating or ‘mind going blank’
- Easily fatigued
- Muscle tension
Today, more than 10 million Americans, from children to the elderly, are being treated for anxiety. Research studies are evaluating investigational medications for a variety of anxiety disorders.
If you would like more information about anxiety disorder, please call us at one of the numbers listed above in the top right corner of the page, or fill out the form to the right and we will contact you.