Why Participate in a Research Study?
- You may gain access to investigational medications before they are widely available.
- Before enrolling, you will be given all the details and information you need to decide whether a study is right for you.
- Your participation also helps others by contributing to medical research. You and society may benefit from the information obtained from this research. Results from our studies are used to develop and improve therapies, and these treatments may help you and others with similar conditions.
What Do Participants Receive?
- You may receive promising research medications that are not available to the general population.
- Study related medical care, psychological and medical evaluations, physical exams and lab work.
- Ongoing study check-ups throughout the course of the study.
- Education and up-to-date information about your condition.
- Community Referral: At the end of study participation, Summit Research Network clinicians will help patients find a provider within the community for treatment.
What Happens When I Finish a Research Study?
- You will have the option for ongoing treatment. This treatment may include up to six months of after-study visits with our doctors.
- We will work together to connect you with any appropriate medical referrals.
All of these services are provided at no cost to those who qualify. No health insurance is required.